Thursday, April 29, 2010
A message just got passed along. Our house has appraised at value. Everything on the Buyers' side is flowing smoothly, so it looks like we will be outta here in a few weeks. Guess the granola and bread I gave to the appraiser helped. :)
On the where we are moving to front: no clue. The farmhouse option is still in play. We have a contract, but it is a short sale and contingent upon bank and FHA approval. We don't know when we will hear from them, but we are praying it will be soon. Everything else has happened in record time, so we'll see.
Even if we have approval this week, I do not think it is possible to close by the 14th. This means we still need an interim place to sleep. My mom has offered her guest room as one option. My best friend has offered us her basement as it will be finished in two weeks. Sweet offer, but I'd hate to wreck our friendship. There are long-term hotels by Sweetheart's work also. Depending on what happens with the farm, it could mean a combination of all the offers.
We haven't ruled out renting a place for awhile as well. We just aren't finding any rentals that want to be short term and we would prefer not to be renting long term. We'll just see what happens. So much has happened so quick that I am left just waiting to see what's next and unable to plan much.
Someday I will get back to regular blogging on something other than moving. I hope.