Monday, April 26, 2010


We are still waiting to hear about the little farm we put an offer on. The seller approved it and it has been sent off to the black hole known as the bank and FHA as it is a short sale. Who knows. They say FHA is responding to offers within 10 days. Let's hope that happens here and that it is accepted without a fuss.
This place has really grown on me and could be a wonderful thing with a lot of potential. I am not psyched about the location as we can never seem to escape trains, but we shall see. ***Yes, Francesca the barn is a part of the property!***
Meanwhile, on our current home the appraisal is scheduled for tomorrow. This is a biggie as it if does not come in close to the contract price, I am not sure what we will do. The inspections have all come back fine with just a few little things to take care of. The appraisal is the make it or break it thing.
I've been working in the basement packing things up. A hard task when one does not know if the sale will go through and even harder when one doesn't not know where one is going. I am working away assuming everything is on track and that we will be someplace temporarily. Even if everything goes smoothly for the little farm, there is no way it will close by the time we have to be out of here.
The consolation is this. If our sale does not go through, we will unpack. Our home is cleaner, we have less stuff, and we can continue to live here just fine. We would probably--no guarantees--take it off the market until after the baby is born and revisit all this at a later date. It's been a lot of work, but the important thing is that no matter where we end up, we will all be together.
Off to pack another box before the boys wake up!


Kelli said...

I will continue to pray that everything falls into place and goes smoothly. I love the home and barn that you put on offer on. I've always dreamed of having a little hobby farm. :0)
Keep us updated!

Bonnie said...

I have been checking at least 4 times a day to see if you had updated anything about either house:0>

I'll be praying the appraisal goes well, and that it takes *less* than 10 days to hear something back.

Trains or not, I still think the farm is darling!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Steph went through the same thing and finally moved today. Her movers didn't show up, having forgotten to make the change of date in their computer.

It all turned out and they were still able to come today but I thinks he about had heart failure. She also just kept packing hoping everything turned out fine.

Another great place to get a mortgage for rural houses is the USDA. Most people don't know they even have mortgages. That is where we got ours through but I don't know if all the changes with mortgages has affected them or not.

Vicki in UT said...

Best wishes, I hope things go well for you.

Shan said...

Dearest Kimberly,

Well, I think I am caught-up with all the "doings" over at your house! My, that will teach me to get sick and miss reading your blog for awhile!

I am praying that all will go smoothly for you and your family. I can just see you tucked inside that adorable farmhouse...baking, canning, sewing and taking care of your delightful family.

Keep in mind that I actually like to paint and am always available to help! I also have my own set of tools and I am pretty handy...just call me and I will come running.

Yours in prayer,
Honey Hill Farm


Blog Widget by LinkWithin