Monday, November 30, 2009

Sally Clarkson Conference

I am signing up today for the Sally Clarkson's "The Mom Heart Conference" here in Denver on January 22-23, 2010. I have read the Mission of Motherhood and am now working through The Ministry of Motherhood. The Mission of Motherhood really helped change my outlook on my life as a mom. In discussing the idea that the only things eternal are our souls, really puts into perspective the importance of being a mother and refocused my thoughts and actions.

What I teach and how I love my children matters so much more than any other activity or task I think I need to do. And yet she maintains a healthy balance reminding us that as important as our work as mothers is, our first priority must be our own relationship with Jesus.

There are so many wonderful and challenging chapters in these books! I have learned so much. I met with a small group of moms over the summer going through the Mission of Motherhood and loved that interaction so much that I am planning on going to the extra conference time on the first morning to learn about starting what she calls a Mom Heart group in my home. I am hoping it will help me to start up a group here in my neighborhood. I want to reach out to the other ladies in my neighborhood in a real and tangible way, not just all waving to one another as we drive by.


Here are some details:

THE MOM HEART CONFERENCE
Denver, CO ~ January 22-23, 2010

2010 Conference Theme: You...Renewed!
Renewing Your Mom Heart for a New Start

Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows
10345 Park Meadows Drive, Littleton, CO 80124

A two-day hotel conference and getaway designed especially for Christian mothers, now in its 12th year of ministering to moms. When the cultural ground is shifting, there's no better time to renew your heart for a new start with God. Sally will strengthen and encourage your heart to rise to the task of raising wholehearted children for Christ at home. Julie Hiramine and Sarah Clarkson will share heart-renewing messages, and a special Panel Discussion will discuss the Mom Heart Ministry vision. The conference includes practical workshops, inspirational worship, a seated banquet luncheon, book tables, and more.

Conference Schedule (subject to change)

FRIDAY
1:00-3:00 ~ registration and book table
3:00-5:15 ~ workshops (3:00, Sarah; 4:15, Julie)
7:00-9:30 ~Session 1 (Message, Sally)

SATURDAY
8:30-11:30 ~ Session 2 (Message, Sally; Message, Julie)
12:15-1:30 ~ Seated banquet lunch
2:00-4:30 ~ Session 3 (Panel discussion; Message, Sally)
5:00 ~ Conference ends

Here is the link for more conference information and registration. Here is a link for Sally's blog. How fun it would be to just sit and visit with here over a nice hot cup of tea!!! Maybe someday. I'll probably post again on this over the coming weeks to get the word out and to register for the drawings she's doing for free registration. Anyone else want to join me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like it would be a wonderful conference. Thank you for the link to her site ~ it's one I bookmarked.
Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Janna Widdifield said...

Love your new Christmas look. And your Jesse Tree Ornaments. Wow! You've been busy, friend. I'm thinking about the conference, too...What's the cost?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin