Friday, October 31, 2008

What I've Been Up To...


Only about 10 more pounds to get through. 80 pounds of apples makes a lot of applesauce, spiced apples, apple butter, apple chips, an apple cake, apple pie, apple tart and just apples to eat.

In between apples I've played with these guys.


I cooked more than apples. I had my Bunco group over the other night for dinner. I made Janna's Curry Chicken. Dinner for 12 (plus my family) is a lot to pull together.
The apple desserts were for that. The cake was a dismal failure. It was delicious, but fell completely apart when I tried to get it out of the pan. Glad I made it the night before Bunco. That way I had time to make the tart and the pie.
Somebody started walking on his own.


We made what will be one of the last trips to the farm today.
Pumpkin played in the straw bale maze.
*****
Look closely in the bucket.
Last weekend we went on a family adventure.
Daddy had fun, too.
Pumpkin loves throwing rocks in water.
Here's me and my little guy.
*******
I've started probably 10 different posts in this week off.
Hopefully, I'll get them finished and polished up to post soon.
Figured I'd better post something now though, or everyone might give up on me and never return.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of you! You look so full of joy hanging with the fam. By the way, I'm not sure that recipe link is working..try this: http://jannawiddifield.blogspot.com/2008/09/days-of-fall-11.html

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That is such a good picture of you and the little one!

Christopher used to LOVE construction equipment. There was a time when he was a preschooler, that he would ask us to park the car so we could watch the construction going on.

It doesn't surprise me that he now wants to be a civil engineer. Especially when he was the king of Lego's. :)

I certainly understand how difficult it can be to post at times. I'm so proud of Stephanie that she's posting a couple times a week. The last time she started a blog, she couldn't get past the first post.

Having a laptop computer (and the fact the children are a little older) helps a lot!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a recipe you could share for apple butter? My grandmother used to make it, and I'd love to try some.

Your blog is very sweet looking. Very you. :) I am starting from scratch and using Wordpress now. Long story, but it's coming along.

Brenna

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly,
Looks like you have been very busy. I love the picture of you and her little one. Thanks for sharing. I finished a towel this past week.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! You must be mighty sick of apples by now! I know I would be, lol.
joanna

Raquel said...

We love your posts, but you having fun with your beloved family is much more important! Looks like you had a great time! Much love, Raquel XO

Anonymous said...

oh look at your pretty smile...what a lovely woman you are.

lucky boys to look at that happy face all the time.

Carrie said...

It was fun to see how you've been spending your days and what a beautiful picture of you. :)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Kimberly! I LOVE that last picture of you and the little one. Just darling!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Kimberly,
What a great post. I too love that last photo of you with your boys. Your baby backpack brought back such memories for me. When Rosie (now 16) was little, I used that back carrier almost daily!! It was a heavy duty pack I bought at Wearagains, a children's consignment shop. It was guaranteed to carry up to forty pounds and boy did I use it forever. Rosie was almost four when we phased it out. She has her earliest memories of being in the backpack and holding onto my hair :). See what you have to look forward to?!!
Warmly,
Tracey

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin