Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good Morning All!




We had such a lovely sunrise this morning! I think the sunrises in Autumn are especially vibrant here in Colorado. The baby (Dumpling?) only woke up at around 12, 3:30 and 6, so I feel rested.

Today is the first regular Mops meeting of the year. I missed the Open House meeting two weeks ago, as that was the baby's birthday and I was a little bit busy that morning! I am looking forward to going. I just thought I'd pop in before I go get ready.

Everyone else is still asleep, but I am enjoying these quiet moments. I have a great view to the east from my desk, if I ignore all the houses, and can enjoy watching the sunrise from here. I love how the light changes in the Fall, don't you? We've had such a golden cast to the light that even though the leaves are not changing yet one can tell that Autumn is here. (Well, that and those yummy Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks help, too!)

Thank you, dear ladies, for your prayers, kind thoughts, and sweet comments. I am truly blessed by you all. Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Kimberly ~ You sound so chipper this morning. It's amazing how only waking up at 12, 3:30 and 6 can make one feel rejuvenated ~ lol. I'm so glad you're going to get to go out for a while this morning for a little fellowship. Enjoy yourself! :o)

I've so enjoyed seeing your baby pictures. I've popped in several times to peek at them, but due to interruptions have not yet commented. (Do you ever get the idea that I'm interrupted a *lot* while online - lol.) My favorites are the baby with the rose, your mom's face as she holds the baby (oh, she is beaming!), and Pumpkin seeing the baby for the first time. All of them are just so precious!

I'll be praying for you as you ease into daily life with the two boys. My closest two are 23 months apart and by then I had 3 older ones to help, so I've never been exactly where you are. I've also learned that no two children are exactly alike (and neither are the moms), so what may work for one family is not necessarily going to cut it in another. :o)

Just remember as you find your way, that God trusted you with these two wee ones. He knows you can do it, and He will tenderly lead you to find a way to juggle it all that works just right for you and your precious two (and your Sweetheart!).

And when you see a mother of several that seems so patient and calm . . . we weren't that way *before* we had the children ~ lol. Part of the blessing of children is that God uses them to help shape us to be more like Him.

A little personal story to encourage you. My oldest two are 5 1/2 years apart. The night before they induced me for Brittany, I sat in her room crying because I suddenly thought that because so much time had passed between babies that I had forgotten everything I would need to know to care for her. But when they placed her in my arms all I needed to know came to me. :o) And when the time comes for you to care for your boys alone, all you need to know will come to you. Hugs to you, dear friend.

Enjoy your crisp autumn days and your Pumpkin Spice Lattes. :o)

Jodi said...

Woowie! ~ I wrote a book ~ lol! The comment didn't seem that long in the little box!

Anonymous said...

You sounded very cheery this morning and that's nice to hear! I hope that you enjoyed your MOPS meeting and that Dumpling continues to have a good sleep/eat pattern.
Things always seem better when we get the rest we need! :-)

Mimi said...

sounds like you are almost feeling up to par again... now if I had been up at 12, 3:30, and 6 I would NOT be up to par... I can handle the 3:30 and 6 but I am down by 9pm for the count...
I know you are enjoying your little one...and you will find the rest you need in order to care for both boys...
you will find the first will be easier because after a few months the boys will do much to entertain each other.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin