Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Spring Reading Challenge Update




I've been busy reading for the Spring Reading Challenge. I've finished several of the books I wanted to read. Here was my original list:

The Secret Garden and The Little Princess by Francis Hodgson Burnett ~DONE!
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte ~3/4 th of the way done!
The Private World of Tasha Tudor and Springs of Joy by Tasha Tudor
Desiring God by John Piper
What Every Mom Needs by Elisa Morgan & Carol Kuykendall
The Story of My Life by Helen Keller
Deception by Randy Alcorn ~DONE!
Living Simply: Choosing Less in a World of More by Joanne Heim~DONE!
Taking Care of the Me in Mommy by Lisa Whelchel~3/4 th of the way done!

I've also added a bunch of others along the way and am joining a group blog on the Newberry Awards, so I've been reading through those. I'll have to look in my book basket and list the books I've finished tomorrow. I love reading!

I am starting up a Book Club next week. Any suggestions for books to read? We've got four of us that will get together once a month. I think I'm the only one that reads fiction mostly by Christian authors. So, if you have ideas, both Christian and non, feel free to leave them in the comments.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Kimberly, I'd love the address of the Newberry blog; that would be a fun blog to read!

Also, is your book club going to be online or in person?

Proverbs3122 said...

Kimberly, I highly recommend historical fiction by Bodie Thoene. Wonderful books that make history COME ALIVE!

ukrainiac said...

I am also wondering if your book club might be online as well. I'm a missionary living in Ukraine, and would treasure moments of discussing good books in ENGLISH.

Kimberly said...

We are meeting in person as soon as I can get everyone to show up! Our first meeting was canceled as I did not want to meet alone...So, we're still taking suggestions!
Dear Ukrainiac-If we can get our act together and get this going I'd be happy to also do on-line discussions with you. :) How much access to do have to books? Do you have some with you that you'd like to discuss? We could do it that way-I'll get a matching book here and we can read together. Let me know!

ukrainiac said...

Well, I posted an answer...or so I thought.

Books are my weakness ... or should I say my strength. We have a pretty good supply here, plus I am always ordering more and having them sent to anyone that we know coming this way!

I have some historical fiction that I haven't read, plus I have all kinds of non-fiction. Check my blog to see what I've been reading lately: ukrainiac.wordpress.com

I may be able to find others to join us in an online book club if that sounds interesting to you...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin