Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hello Friends

My, but it has been a busy week!

We had family in town and had such a wonderful time with them all. The boys got to play with their cousins and I even got some special time with just my sister. (Thanks, Mom!)

I also got to have two friends over for visits in between all the family time. One is a dear friend from high school that I had not seen since part way through college. The other friend and I used to teach kindergarten together before I had Pumpkin. She brought a former student from that year with her. Hard to believe those little kindergartners are now heading into the fifth grade.

In the midst of it all, I've had computer issues going on. The set up I have now works fine, but isn't comfortable to use at all. So, until it can all be fixed next week, I'll probably be off the computer most of the time. I am also unable to upload pictures until then which is a real bummer.

I just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. Hope your summer is as delightful as mine!

I have had so much fun this last week, but I am also glad to have life return to our slower pace this week. I'm hoping to do more canning and work on things inside around the house as the schedule is so much lighter.

I was able to put up Red Currant Jam this week from the five pounds of currants we picked at the farm. This week I'm hoping to pick cucumbers for pickles. We've only one jar unopened from last year left, and we've been rationing them. I plan to do more this year. My guys all love pickled things!

Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sounds like you had a busy but nice week. Hope you get your computer going for you this week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin