Saturday, May 05, 2007

Rainy Day

We had such a lovely, rainy afternoon today. We had run errands in the morning and then returned after lunch. I was awakened during my nap by the rain and thunder. I continued to doze off and on for awhile just enjoying the sound of the rain on my window. Eventually, I got up to discover Sweetheart had made a pot of tea, so I relaxed a little longer with my tea, a few tea biscuits and The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Then Pumpkin woke from his nap and we were off and running again!

Sweetheart came from from work a week ago with the entire "Little House" series for me that he found at the thrift store on the way home from work. I've been enjoying rereading them. I love the entire series. I used to have the set when I was teaching, but had not been able to find them again when I looked last month. That's okay, the set he bought me is in much better condition than the one I had. Aren't the simple things in life just wonderful?


Victorian clip art courtesy of Averyl's Attic: http://www.averyl.com/attic

3 comments:

Kelli said...

It sounds like the perfect weekend, Kimberly! I just love the Little House series!
Kelli

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

What a lovely afternoon! I love laying in bed and listening to the rain...and adding LHOP to the whole picture makes it just about perfect!

Jodi said...

Oh, Kimberly, napping while it rains and thunders sounds just about perfect! ;o)

I love the Little House series. It was a joy to share it with my older daughter ~ sweet days!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin