I was over at Joanne's A Simple Wife where I discovered we have one more thing in common: we were both born on the "Ides of March" (the 15th). She posted 35 Things About Me. I think it's one for each year. Her list was fun to read. Since I turned 35 Thursday I thought I'd do the same. Here's my list:
1. I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. I moved the month I graduated from high school.
2. I love to read.
3. I collect antique tea cups and tea pots and use them all the time.
4. I've been married for 8 1/2 years to my Sweetheart & best friend.
5. My favorite color is blue.
6. I love flowers.
7. I'm pregnant with Baby #2.
8. I love milk & ice cream when I'm pregnant.
9. We bought an ice cream machine last weekend.
10. I used to wear only red, black and white for years.
11. Now, I almost always wear black, white, or tan.
12. I've only ever had my ears pierced.
13. I love to bake.
14. I love old movies and new movies made of classic books.
15. I love buying journals, but never seem to write in them.
16. I love sitting on my porch.
17. I'm trying to learn how to be a better friend.
18. My first car was a truck my dad bought me after college. It was brown. Not a pretty sight.
19. I lived in China for a year.
20. I couldn't even say, "Hello!" in Chinese when I got there. ("Ni hao!")
21. I love eating with chopsticks.
22. I love "Anne of Green Gables".
23. I hope to travel to the United Kingdom soon.
24. I think being a Mom is wonderful, though I need to find some balance in my life.
25. I have the cutest son ever!
26. I hate ballpoint pens and would rather write with real ink. I miss fountain pens.
27. My major was Public & Interpersonal Communications with a minor in Biblical Studies.
28. I went back to school to become a teacher.
29. I'm looking forward to homeschooling.
30. I seem to develop insomnia when I'm pregnant, hence the reason I'm blogging at midnight...
31. We named our dog years before we ever got him. (Scroll to the bottom of the page to see Abner the Airedale.)
32. I can't knit, crochet, embroider, or do much of anything with a needle.
33. I've done Calligraphy since the fifth grade.
34. I want to write fiction for teens someday. There seems to be so little that's good for them to read for fun.
35. I'm glad I'm not a teenager; I've learned a lot in these 35 years.