Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Both! I really enjoy both, plus my hot tea. Of course, Pumpkin Spice Lattes sure are nice this time of year as well...If it's hot, I drink it!

2. Turkey or Ham?
Actually, turkey for Thanksgiving, ham for Easter and Prime Rib for Christmas is what I like to do.

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
We like to go to the forest find a tree, hug it, chop it down, and bring it on home. This year's is a ridiculously tall tree, but it's done.

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
All I did this year was the porch. I put garlands, ribbons, and poinsettas on the railing and cover the settee in a cheerful tartan cloth. I had white lights on the railing, too, but I had to take them off because I needed them for the 17 foot tree. Somehow I didn't have enough lights...(Actually, 3 strings went bad which didn't help.) Of course, it's all completely buried in the snow now anyway!

5. Snowball fights or sledding'?
Snowball fights.

6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
I'd love to go downtown to shop, but mostly shopped on-line this year.

7. Favorite Christmas song?
Tough to say, but I think "Come, O Come Emmanual".

8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
"It's a Wonderful Life" is fun. I also usually watch "Little Women", too,

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
My friends in high school used to play it on occasion in June in Phoenix, by the pool. Otherwise, I'd probably wait until Thanksgiving time.

10. Stockings before or after presents?
After.

11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
We've done it ourselves, but have never had anyone else stop by. I'd love it. I'd quickly make hot tea and cider and share some cookies.

12. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
I'd rather be home, but we alternate for different years.

13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
Yes, all throughout the season.

14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Dishes.

15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Spiced cider.

16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Ice skating.

17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
One on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas day!

18. Favorite Christmas memory?
Seeing Pumpkin sleeping in his bouncy seat last Christmas. What a gift.

19. Favorite Part about winter?
See #1. I'm not really crazy about winter. I don't like being cold. I guess 18 years in Phoenix left its mark.

20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Yup.

If you're here and reading this meme, you're tagged! Merry Christmas!

Morgan's Musings: Christmas Meme.#links#links

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin