Friday, December 15, 2006

Books are Like Friends

"My books are friends that never fail me. "---Thomas Carlyle .
I am blissfully sitting here next to three new friends!
This morning I found The Road to Yesterday, Jane of Lantern Hill, and The Golden Road. I bought these three Lucy Maud Montgomery books for a whopping total of 99 cents. I've read Jane of Lantern Hill, but it was years ago. The Road to Yesterday sounds inviting as it is more Anne and Gilbert tales and The Golden Road should be quite enjoyable since I liked The Story Girl.
Not a bad way to spend a dollar. I think I'll have to go put the kettle on, grab an apple, and sit down for a story while Pumpkin naps.

Girl Reading-Renoir from Allposters.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was planning on reading as many of Lucy Maud's books as possible next year, but now I'm leaning toward non-fiction books, particularly books on theology.
This year I read all of Jane Austen's novels which was really fun and I planned to do something similar next year. However, I've been going through some severe trials for the past several years, so now I'm thinking if some good classic theology books would be more beneficial for me. I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I need to decide soon, so I can get in on the winter reading challenge!
Joanna

Kimberly said...

I started the collection of stories. It's quite different from her others--a little darker I think. I'm enjoying it though.
I not sure if I've read A Tangled Web.
Joanne- I love Jane Austen as well and just wish she had written more! I ran out of things to read. (I watched Sense & Sensibility and Pride & Prejudice this week.)
I like to mix up what I'm reading, both fiction and theology. I've usually got several books going at once.

Kelli said...

I adore Jane of Lantern Hill. I try to read it once a year. I like the idea of focusing on one author per year. I think I may do that! There is a Jane of Lantern Hill movie also that is wonderful!
Kelli

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin