Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Heart is Full

It is so wonderful to hold my sweet little girl. (Still needing a blog name for her.) She is so strong and healthy and, I must say, rather adorable. She is a calm, peaceful baby most of the time and she gives away the sweetest little gifts of smiles that show off the dimple on her left cheek.

She sleeps quite a lot it seems, but is doing well at night. In fact, with how poorly I sleep whilst pregnant being up with her through the night feedings isn't a big deal. Of course, some of this will definitely change tomorrow when Sweetheart goes back to work and I am unable to nap as desired. It will be interesting.

So, while we still no nothing more than we did when we moved in May about where we are headed and what Sweetheart's job situation will end up as, there is a peace from just knowing the baby is ok. It has been such a stressful process to me this waiting and wondering, but I am renewed now to continue on this path wherever it may lead us.

I just realized that this is the first time I have mentioned Sweetheart's job. Yes. So remember when I mentioned that there were other changes I wasn't at liberty to discuss here? This is one of them.

The week we were moving Sweetheart was notified that the company he works for was being bought out by its competitor. All the sudden we were left to wonder what all that would mean. Of course, it's the end of September and we are still waiting. A few people have been let go and the plan is to phase their software product into the competitor's product and eventually close the office. Most of the people working as support staff will be able to continue on with the new company and even work from home.

Sweetheart would love to work from home, however he is not support staff. He has indicated to them his desire to stay on and move into development, but we don't know what they will decide. So there you go. At least we don't have to worry about selling a house if he loses his job.

5 comments:

Dea' said...

Your sweet girl is just SO perfect! Again, congrats :) I feel like I'll be saying the same thing about sleep soon (the fact that the night feedings are easier than no sleep when prego!).
Thinking of you in this continued time of change and waiting with jobs and such. Hang in there!

Nessie said...

Kimberly, I am so glad everything is fine with your baby and the boys. Blog name... I thought about "cookie", bust as you mentioned it "Dimple" would be nice as well, wouldn't it? My daughter said "rubbish", the baby looks like "strawberry shortcake".
Just our input from far away *lol*

Sharon said...

I'll keep you in my prayers, I hope that you and your sweetheart find a job situation that will be just the right fit for your growing, beautiful family. I think "teacup" would be a cute name - her boys can be the "goodies" and she can be the teacup - sorta like a mini version of her Mama's "cup"... :)

hadashi said...

i vote for "Dimple" too!

Sheila said...

Congratulations! I haven't read your blog in a while so I didn't know about your new addition. So sweet!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin