Sunday, September 05, 2010

The Final Week

Technically, I am at 39 weeks. The baby is due September 11th for those of you keeping track. I am. The odds the baby will be born on his/her due date are slim a fact I am glad about because really, who wants 9/11 for a birthday?
I am so excited (and anxious) to meet this little one though that truly ANY day would work. Today would be good. Tomorrow is better since it is Labor Day and all. The only problem with that is that is also Dumpling's birthday.
Everyone I know due around my time has already had their little ones. They all are doing well and sleep-deprived. I am just rambling, I know. I stayed really calm waiting the extra week for Pumpkin and the extra 12 days for Dumpling, but I must say that I sure hope this one doesn't take so long.
All the food prep is done and the freezers are full. I've got one more sewing project to finish hopefully this afternoon and then we'll just be sitting around staring at my tummy. Not really. We are celebrating Dumpling's Birthday today and so there is a Winnie the Pooh cake to bake and fun to be had. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Dumpling Happy Birthday from Anne and Jack! Hang in there sister, you're about to meet your newest member of the family! Praying for you.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Stephanie has found it harder at the end of each pregnancy. I think it has a lot to do with not being able to get much rest as you have kids who need your attention. :)

The Pearl Harbor attack was on my mom's birthday. She never liked having war memorials on her birthday since it made everyone sad (especially those years immediately after WWII).

Hoping to hear of a new baby in your arms SOON.

Francesca said...

You're almost there! Happy birthday to your dumpling and happy labor day weekend!

Vicki in UT said...

Best wishes. That last week or two does seem to drag, but it sounds like you are all ready.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin