Thursday, November 27, 2008

Everything Books


Sorry, the link in the earlier post was working. Here is the link in which I wrote about making and using my Everything Books. They probably could be better organized, but I just often choose which page to write on based on the picture I like that day, or whatever one seems suited to the occasion--like the pie picture for Thanksgiving.
I just use blank spiral journals/sketchbooks/scrapbooks. They are called different things. I just don't do well writing on a bunch of lines myself, so the unlined pages work best for me. I like the spiral notebooks because they lie flat when I'm writing, though I have a small Moleskin blank book I decorated and keep in my purse. Boy, does that come in handy!
I've started books that only have a few pages with pictures that I add to as I go along. But I have one book waiting to be used that I filled with pictures when I was purging a stack of magazines. There's no set method. Just do what feels right for you. There is no perfect method or book. It's just what works for YOU!
I probably have ten journals sitting in a pile that rarely get written in, simply because of things dumb like lines that are too close together, covers that constantly seem to close on me, paper that I don't like the feel of as I write. I rarely use ballpoint pens and prefer ink, but certain papers don't allow for smooth writing. Even as I type this, I know it sounds silly. But I also know that if I don't like the set up, I won't use it. Finding something that works FOR ME has made all the difference. Now, I write in them all the time and finally have a place for all the little random things I would otherwise lose.
If you follow the link, it'll go into more detail and there are more pictures to see.
That's all for now. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did here. Blessings to you and yours!
Love,
Kimberly

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Good morning, Kimberly -
Your books are such an inspiration to me. I purged a bunch of magazines and carefully selected and cut many, many things for mine that is not yet started. Perhaps today is the day to begin. The day after Thanksgiving is quiet here and a good day to record a thought or two as we begin a new part of the holiday season. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll share when I get going and I'll let you know how it's going.
~Adrienne~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin