Saturday, March 03, 2012

A Welcome Adventure


I am excited about a new adventure. No, no livestock is involved. Yes, Buttercup is still here. Here's to hoping this will be her last week in residence. The good part of her still being here is that I will have plenty of cream for Tuesday night!

I should back up a bit.

A couple of weeks ago I was invited to join a book making class. I instantly said yes. It was my first night out with just ladies in over a year. After being used to my Bunco group each month and dinners out with my dear friend, this has been hard. There is a bit of a dilemna here in town as to what can be done in the evenings as simply nothing is open to just meet up with friends. Except the bar. Not a good option. And there is that problem of a total lack of friends here for me.

So, the last two Tuesdays a sweet gal whose company I really enjoy rented out a room in the library and taught us all how to a handmade book. It was so much fun that we decided we need it to continue. This Tuesday night the ladies will be coming here for tea and to talk about what we want to do next! Doesn't that sound wonderful?

She is willing to teach more book making classes, but we also want to see what others enjoy doing and teaching. She and I are the same age and we both have younger kids. Everyone else seems to have grown kids. :) Learning new things and teaching things are good, but we are also looking forward to just hanging out with people over the age of six for a few hours.

I have no idea what I know that anyone else might be interested in, but we'll just see. Any suggestions?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

amy said...

That sounds exciting!

Bonnie K said...

I'm sure everyone in the group has a talent. The group could share what they know. I'm glad your group is productive. Around here us ladies don't get together unless somebody is selling something:(

Pam said...

I would say your soap, lip balm, and lotion products might be fun to teach. You never know, the ladies might be interested in bunco, too! Have fun!

Vicki in UT said...

Glad you have something fun scheduled. I would say, offer any of the things you do every day--yes, your soaps and lotions, etc., but also canning, cooking, etc. It always amazes me when people look at something that I think is routine, and they want to learn how, or think it is special. Let them decide if it is something they are interested in.

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

I love this idea! Craft parties are such a classic way of socializing and getting fun (and sometimes not so fun) things done! We used to host a "Tea Treats and Craft" party and we'd make things to stock our gift pantry like the simple soaps (from my first book) where you grate dollar store or ivory soaps (be sure to NOT have soap with oil or it won't work) and reshape them into gift soaps using candy molds, or whatever you have on hand (I used Rosie's mini bread pans from her kitchen basket to make soap bars) or the kids would help and just roll them into balls. Super easy, super economical, useful and pretty. :))) Everyone would bring their own bowl, soap and grater. We'd supply the water, food coloring, scent and dried crumbled rosemary and lavender (the last three are optional). Also, I agree with Pam in that your lotions and balms would be a great thing to teach and make! Perhaps just ask the ladies at your next gathering to brainstorm a list and then decide on each party from the list? Anyway, it all sounds like so much fun! Sending good thoughts!
Love,
Tracey
x0x

BaileyZimmerman said...

The possibilities are endless!! Great suggestions. How about adding something to do with Tea or Tea Times?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin