Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thank you!!

Our First Daffodil

Thank you everyone for all your ideas and suggestions for the goats and chickens.  Some I have already done, some I will do!


Close Up of Our Cream Separator
 I just had some homemade yogurt I made last night from Bella's milk.  It turned out really good!  I added honey and vanilla to it while I was making it and we love it.  
I tried to make yogurt once before in the crockpot and had a runny mess.  This batch was made in a refurbished yogurt maker Sweetheart found online.  The consistency was perfect.  

It is busy week in the kitchen.  I picked up a box of apples from a farmer selling them on the street corner.  Wish I had a picture of him selling his fruit.  It was just perfect.  
(And yes, I always buy lemonade from lemonade stands.   There's just something about it all.)
Now I have apple chips and applesauce in the works as well as plenty of apples for eating.  The boys are thrilled.  So am I as it will be Autumn before our little orchard is ready.  I'm hoping to make enough applesauce to have on hand until then.
I've been busy also working out details to be a part of the nearby Farmers Market this summer.  I want to sell our produce, fresh flowers, herbs, and some of my body products.  I am also hoping to make some cloth produce bags to sell.  Hopefully, I'll be able to sell baked goods and homemade goat cheese as well.  I've got a lot of work to do obviously!  

The whole earth seems to be coming alive here.  The grass is greener by the day.  The trees are budding and the birds are giddy with delight.  The daffodils are blooming, as are the little blue flowers below.  Anyone know what they are?  They look a bit like grape hyacinth, but the buds open to flowers and don't stay in the clusters.  
Mystery Blues

There is so much to share, and so many posts written only in my mind.  Hopefully, I'll actually get them up soon.  Until then, if you don't hear from me know I am either buried under a bushel of apples, in the barn doing chores, or playing with the kids outside whenever the sun is shining!   (There is a reason it's so green.)

I've also been thinking a lot about tea.  I miss it.  Remember back when this was a tea blog?  Hence, the CUP part of Kimberly's Cup.  Yeah, it was awhile ago.  I am so looking forward to having the couches in one piece and having all our things here.  I am planning on having a tea and inviting everyone I've met so far!

4 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Thank you for commenting on Gracious Hospitality. I had lost track of you since your move, and I'm so glad to reconnect. I hope you are enjoying Idaho. We are nearly neighbors now! I'm off to add you to my featured blogs list!

Oh, and about tea --- it goes perfectly as a mini-treat between chores. Enjoy it and don't wait for a party!

Blessings to you
LaTeaDah

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Yes, life does happen. I hardly ever write about tea or tea time anymore. At least I am still reading. :)

So glad to hear the joy in your voice. I still often pray for my "blog daughter". (((HUGS)))

Bernideen said...

I can see you selling Tea Jams and Jellies and marmalades at the Farmers Market!

BaileyZimmerman said...

I spotted our first daffodil...when I came back from running errands I was going to pick it and bring it back in for Paul...someone had gotten to it....bingo gone!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin