They are. An old friend had tweeted a picture of his Firecracker Carrots. I Googled and found a recipe. They're good! They'll just stay in the fridge as fresh pickles.
Makes a good use of the old jars as well, at least the few that have lids. The ones without lids become flower vases.
I so admire your lifestyle, it's hopefully the next step for us to take once we both retire. Those carrots look scrumptious, especially since I'm convinced I was a rabbit in a former life ;) Thank you for visiting my little place, I hope we visit back and forth often ! Hugs, ~jo
I canned 40 lbs. of chicken a few weeks ago, and I have pork and ground beef in the freezer to do next.
ReplyDeleteAre those pickled?
They are. An old friend had tweeted a picture of his Firecracker Carrots. I Googled and found a recipe. They're good! They'll just stay in the fridge as fresh pickles.
ReplyDeleteMakes a good use of the old jars as well, at least the few that have lids. The ones without lids become flower vases.
I am jealous...but looking forward to doing the same thing this year. I love your blog. Looking forward to following!
ReplyDeleteI so admire your lifestyle, it's hopefully the next step for us to take once we both retire.
ReplyDeleteThose carrots look scrumptious, especially since I'm convinced I was a rabbit in a former life ;)
Thank you for visiting my little place, I hope we visit back and forth often !
Hugs,
~jo