Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Morning Ladies!


I am assuming that you all are ladies. I think I've had two gentlemen leave comments--ever--and those were on specific posts that related to them. So, good morning ladies.


It is a beautiful, sunny Colorado morning here. We've been out of town visiting family for a few days. I unpacked most things yesterday when we arrived home, but will spend time today putting everything back to normal. The laundry's running and I need to make bread. The flour's milled, but I need to put it together to rise. The boys are happily eating breakfast as I type.


I think we'll head off to the market later this morning. Colorado peaches are on sale right now for a good price so I'm planning on getting a whole bunch to preserve. I think some canned peaches and some peach jam sound good, don't you? Hopefully, they'll gel better than my strawberry preserves! I'm planning on testing how it sets on the plate method since going purely by the temperature didn't work so well.


Oh, the kettle is whistling. Just a moment. There, it's steeping now. I love a fresh pot of hot tea, don't you? I've been drinking more iced tea lately, but I do so enjoy my little cup full of steaming Earl Grey. Speaking of tea, be sure to scroll down to the post before this one and enter to win my tea basket. You may enter until midnight Wednesday, the 13th, to win.


Well, the boys and the tea are both ready, so I'll sign off for now. I have quite a few pictures to share from our time away. The one at the top of the post in looking across my Stepmother's country garden out to the pasture and the mountains. This is where Sweetheart and I were married ten years ago last month. It's matured a lot and gets more beautiful with each passing year. Something I would have considered impossible since it was gorgeous the day we were wed.

6 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That picture is so beautiful. Especially since I live in a part of the land where big bumps in the road are called hills. If the car has to go "up" even slightly, we complain. :)

Of course, it is great country for growing corn and lots of it.

If I were there, I'd sip a cup of Earl Grey with you and give the boys lots of hugs. There is something about little boys that makes life rich.

BaileyZimmerman said...

Hi there honey,
Welcome home!!
Did you have a good time with all the kids? How's Carey and gang?
Love,
L

Primrose Hill said...

wow..that view is amazing...sooo beautiful! Good luck with the jam. Let us know how it goes. Yesterday I tried making muscadine grape jam. 4 hours later and 2 extra boxes of pectin and it finally gelled. sheesh! tastes yummy though....
:-)

Teri H said...

I picked up some of those Colorado peaches and made 8 jars of peach jam this morning! It's my first time canning so we'll see if they turn out and taste good!

Carrie said...

Your stepmother's garden is simply beautiful...

Jodi said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful family visit ... and such a lovely view!

I've been keeping up with your canning posts. You seem to be having a lot of fun with it. :o) We did peach butter ... Jon thinks he can eat it like applesauce - lol. I look forward to hearing how your peach projects turn out. :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin