Friday, November 09, 2007

Another Beautiful Autumn Day

On Sunday morning we got up early, as little boys do not care about Daylight Savings Time and do not desire "gaining" an extra hour of sleep, we packed some snacks and piled into the van for another Family Adventure. An hour later we pulled up to the Boulder Falls. Lovely.


We spent awhile just wandering around and enjoying the beauty of the day. There was a crispness to the air and a goldenness to the light. I sat on a bench for awhile nursing Dumpling and taking pictures of Sweetheart and Pumpkin. It was wonderfully relaxing to sit and breath in the gentle pine fragrance. Surrounded by beauty and the majesty of God's creation, it made for a wonderful time of worship and prayer. Enjoying a day with the ones I love, laughing and living in the moment beats just about any other way I could have spent the time.


We continued to drive up the canyon to a lake and a little town. I took a few pictures of the lake which may get posted later. It was incredible. The water was so blue, as was the sky, that the whiteness of the snow on the distant peaks seemed to fairly pop out at you. I'm not sure the pictures will do it justice.

6 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Looks like lots of fun. Mary

Jodi said...

LOL ~ Imagine those boys not respecting the changing of the clocks! ;o)

The waterfall is gorgeous; it sounds like you had a wonderful day! :o) I enjoyed all your pictures. You (and Dumpling!) look great; Pumpkin amongst the pumpkins; Pumpkin in his jammies (and yes, I do love to see my wee ones fresh from the bath ... so cute!); Your last rose ... great pics by your Sweetheart. And little Dumpling is just adorable and growing so quickly!

I totally understand not having time for blogging! I'm in much the same state, and I don't even have a cuddly, little newborn as an excuse. ;o) I just enjoy whatever you are able to share whenever you're able to share it. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

That little Dumpling sure is growing fast. You look very happy. Sounds like a beautiful day.
joanna :)

Mimi said...

what a delightful family day!!! and the day looked beautiful to make it even more enjoyable... your little one is growing by leaps and bounds.. and I know that between the two of them your little boys keep you very busy... so you deserved a day out in the sunshine!!!

Davene said...

What a wonderful day! I'm so glad you took advantage of the opportunity to have a fun excursion, rather than bemoaning the fact that you weren't getting your own extra hour of sleep--good for you!

Isn't it refreshing to connect with God outside in His beautiful creation?!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! Your picture is great! I would never guess there was any sleep deprivation going on! :-)

I'm glad you had such an enjoyable time together.

I love you and miss you. Your sis.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin