Sunday, August 26, 2007

Update and Thanks

I'm still pregnant! This is the "official due date" and, as expected, nothing's happening! LOL. I've got a few signs that things are progressing in the right direction, but since none of them can come with a timeline better than, "anytime, or up to two weeks", what's it really matter?
It's all good. Pumpkin was born a week after his due date and it is pretty typical in our family to keep those babies in there for some extra time. Besides, it's not a perfect science is it? Part of the fun is the anticipation.
The good news is that the pain I was feeling last weekend seemed to finally heal completely yesterday. I am thankful for that as it would have made labor so much harder. I've got a few things to work on today while Pumpkin naps that will wrap up little details like a map to the hospital in case it's needed, trying to get my prayer list of emails and phone numbers together, and finalizing the list for Pumpkin's packing to go to Grandma's house during the birth. (Poor Grandma! She's busily baby-proofing her beautiful home which means a lot of moving of treasures and things a little boy would find particularly interesting!)
Sweetheart has been working on restoring my computer and will hopefully have that up and running for me tonight. Woo hoo! Note to Readers: DON'T click on that little "View Next Blog" link on the top of Blogger pages. Sweetheart thinks that maybe how I ended up in the mess I did with some really nasty viruses that automatically downloaded onto my computer. Yuck.
I'm also trying to clean up the porch, deadhead my roses and fill up our bedroom with the nice roses, fix my kitchen curtain, pack up some gifts to ship, clean up the loft, work on my journal and scrapbooks and whatever else I put on my to do list. It's a pretty abitious undertaking for a naptime. We'll see...Since I was able to sleep in this morning, I'm going to try to not lay down myself.
Well, I'd better stop typing and get going! I did want to thank everyone for the sweet messages you've left as well as the prayers. Please, keep on praying! Have a lovely day!
Also, I've been writing out verses on index cards to have with me in labor. If you have any verses you'd like to share, please leave them in the Comments so I may add them to my collection.

10 comments:

Mimi said...

continually praying for you and baby girl (or boy) for an easy and safe delivery...
and of course dad needs our prayers too... this is a time when he feels completely out of his comfort zone of being needed.. but he will be lots of help when mom and baby come home
here is a verse for you
Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting Psalm 125:5

Julieann said...

I keep checking on you periodically----I am so excited for you!!!

Julieann

Shan said...

Kimberly,
I have tried to leave a comment.
If you are able to read this, would you be so kind as to e-mail me. I am new to blogging so I hope that I haven't sent hundreds of comments!!!

My e-mail is princod@gmail.com

My name is Shan Brunel, and I would love to chat with you.

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

We've been out of town this weekend, and I just had to come check on you when we got home.

Glad you're doing well, feeling good, and full of joy.

Hmm...labor verses? How about "I can do all things through him who gives me strength"?! And of course, my favorite from Isaiah that says he "gently leads those that have young."

Much love,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

I've been checking your blog regularly for updates since linking to it through Jewels' blog. I'm glad to hear that you're not getting too discouraged-I've always hated the idea of a "due date" it would be so much better if they would give you an expectant time frame of 4 weeks. For instance, since your "due date" was today, they should instead say, "the time frame to be watching for baby's arrival will be from August 12th until September 9th." That way, you don't get discouraged when baby hasn't made an appearance by it's due date.
I've been fortunate in that I always deliver early. Our first was 8 days early, our second was 14 days early, our third we lost shortly after her birth because she came 20 weeks early, our fourth tried to come 10 weeks early but thankfully they were able to hold her off with meds until she was just 4 weeks from the due date, and our fifth child I carried the longest and she was only 6 days early. I do remember with her though that I was beginning to think she would never be born! (and that was still more than a week before her due date!)
At any rate, look at it as an opportunity to finish all those little jobs you've been working on and know that you have lots of us ladies in bloggerland who are praying for you and for the safe delivery of your little one. :-)
Michelle

Shan said...

Dearest Kimberly,

I see my comment made it through bloggingland!! So now that I know you will receive my heartfelt words, I will be writing to you often, as I so very much enjoy your lovely site.

My favorite verse: Be still and know that I am God....hmmmm... manybe not the best one for labor, at least the be "still" part.

Praying for you,
Your new friend,
Shan

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, I just recently found your blog thru Jewels blog. I am praying for you and a safe delivery of your new little one!

(another)Kimberly :)

singinginthemoonlight said...

Thinking of you and praying for you, dear Kimberly. I can't wait to hear the wonderful news.
Lovingly, Jewels

Adrienne said...

Kimberly - I will continue to pray for you and baby and your family. The verse that came to mind was "You will keep those in perfect peace whose minds are stayed (focused) on You." What better focal point during labor? I'll keep checking in. ~Adrienne~

Kimberly said...

Thank you ladies! I've copied all the verses you've left onto my cards and they're in my room. I've been reading them regularly. Feel free to add more!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin