Sunday, May 20, 2007

Orange Cinnamon Swirl Bread

I received this cookbook the Christmas before last. It is one of my absolute favorites! Every recipe I've made has been delicious. The recipes are so flavorful and usually pretty healthy. I love there bread recipes and have made several different kinds. This particular recipe takes a lot of time to make, but it's worth it.

A few weeks ago I made the Orange Cinnamon Swirl Bread for the first time. It is so good! I've already made a several batches since the first one. I bake the bread, let it cool and then slice it up and put it in the freezer. This lets me enjoy it fresh over the week as it does not last long at room temperature. (It gets hard, plus I'll just eat it all up!) The cookbook suggests using it in French toast. I've done that and think it's the best French toast ever.

My dad and stepmom gave me the cookbook. She had apparently stayed at the Garland's Lodge several times a few years ago, so when the cookbook came out she bought it. The book is full of the history of Garland's Lodge, beautiful pictures and wonderful recipes. I wish we could spend the weekend down there. The Sedona area is so beautiful.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Your bread looks delicious, Kimberly! I will have to try your freezing trick, we always eat it up quickly too. :0)
Kelli

sheila from life @ #17 said...

oh no...another cookbook I haveto own!

theups said...

This looks sooooooo good!!! I can practically smell it from here!! And a nice cup of tea to go with it. YUMMMMMMM!!

His,
Mrs. U

Jodi said...

Oh Kimberly, that looks so yummy! :o) Great cookbook suggestion ~ I'll have to put that on my gift list! ;o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin