Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Pumpkin's First Word


Yes, he says DADA, but he says that to everything from Daddy to the dog. The first word he's spoken that we know he know what it means is....tickle. That's right, tickle. It sure beats, "NO!", but is rather funny. Sweetheart's theory is Pumpkin doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so he'd just make his first word neutral. Ok. Whatever the reasoning, it's hilarious! Even Grandma got to hear it the other night, so no, we're not crazy.
What was your baby's first word?

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, Kimberly, he is just adorable! What a little sweetie! I think all three of my children said Dada first!
Kelli

Susanna said...

First word? Porbably dada. The last few months have seen a word explosion. 'Light' is a favourite.....but so is 'mummy is a wee wee'!.....I don't think parents can teach children about the bodies functions without some funny comments!
Everything was daddy for a long time....he took ages to say mummy (that's gratitude for you!)

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I think both my kid's first word was Dada.

However, my daughter's first "sentence" is family legend. My husband had just finished his Master's Degree at Purdue and Steph started going around the house saying, "Go Joe Barry Carol (sp?)"!

Said Master Joe was the star of the Purdue basketball game then. I knew then that this was Daddy's girl.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin