Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Tea Count Down

This is adapted from my usual Tea Time Countdown, which is in the October archives. I don't remember how to link to one of my own posts! This is supposed to take place on Sunday at 3:00 p.m. As of this posting, I have 1 person who is definitely coming (me), 3 that definitely NOT coming, and 4 maybes.
I'm not sure how to plan for this. I've thought about cancelling, but one of the maybes really wants to come, she just hasn't heard back from her babysitter. She said it would be such a wonderful break for her. It's worth it to me to do it just for her. However, I don't have a clue as to how much food to make! Good thing we have a big freezer. At this point, I am planning to do everything like they are all coming. Man, this is frustrating.


Two Weeks Before
Decide on Theme-Christmas
Invite Guests-MOPS Table Ladies (8)

One Week Before
Make Menu
Plan Grocery List and Amounts
Bake and Freeze Items

Two Days Before
Shop for groceries
Wash and Prep Vegetables
Bake Breads

Day Before
Bless (Clean) Home
Make Scone Mix
Make Sandwich Fillings
Set Tables
Assemble Trifle

Morning Of
Assemble Sandwiches, Cover with Damp Towels & Refrigerate
Whip Cream
Slice Lemons
Fill Jam Pots
Clean Kitchen

Thirty Minutes Before
Check List for Details
Put the Scones in the Oven
Take a Few Quiet Moments Alone/Check Appearance
Garnish Plates

Final 15 minutes
Light Candles
Play Music
Whip Cream
Sprinkle Powder Sugar
Put Out Cream & Lemon
Put Out Jam
Put Kettle On
Put Food Out

Have FUN!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin