Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tea of the Week


My Tea of the Week is Republic of Tea's "Comfort and Joy Tea".
It came the other day as a sample within the catalog I received. I love Christmas Teas, so I was excited to try it. It is a black tea with spices and a hit of apple which is really nice. It has a lovely scent. The taste was a bit weak, but I was using a giant cup. I think next time I brew it I'll use a smaller cup for a stronger flavor.
Remember, if you want a stronger tea, add more tea leaves. Steeping the tea longer usually just makes it bitter as more tannins are released.
From their
website:

"Comfort & Joy Tea
Holiday Fruit Blend


A spicy holiday blend available in natural, round, unbleached tea bags.

Includes cloves, apples, and cinnamon blended with fine black tea.

Brew 3 to 5 minutes. Sweeten with honey and add a stick of cinnamon as a “swizzle stick” or float a cranberry on top for garnish. This tea is wonderful on its own but can be the base for more elaborate drinks. Here is a recipe for a hot holiday punch: Pour 8 cups of brewed tea into a cooking pot. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 cup of orange juice, and the juice from 2 lemons. Stir over a low flame until the sugar dissolves. Pour into cups. (I've gotta try making that for my Christmas Tea!)

Featuring flavors of the holidays."

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hi Kimberly! I recieved my Republic of Tea catalog last week! Thank you for recommending it! I enjoyed my sample of the Chrismas tea and it was wonderful!
I'm am having fun looking at all the yummy flavors. :0)
Kelli

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin