Monday, September 18, 2006

Today

I awakened today to a nip in the air. It is quite cool out. There is a soft breeze rustling the leaves. They are just starting to change around here.
I took a few minutes this morning to brew a pot of hazelnut coffee. Usually, it's a pot of Earl Grey, but it just feels like a coffee day.
I've spent a few minutes reading, both on-line and off. I was reading A Gracious Home's article about missing teaching. It really resonated with me as I do miss many things about teaching myself, but am glad to no longer be doing it for a living.
http://agracioushome.com/?p=754
I am also reading through 1 and 2 Samuel for my Bible Study. He Speaks to Me is the book we are studying as a part of the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) leadership group I am in this year.
I gave my little preschooler (9mo) a bath today. He had quite a time playing with his rubber ducky and a little cup. He startled himself splashing. He startles easy.
He is such a joy to watch playing. He's down for is afternoon nap, so I'm off to workout in the basement and run the vacuum before he gets up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin