Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Quiet Morning~

 
 
 
 
 
The lights are reflections in the window from the Christmas tree.  And do you see what I see?  (love that song)  Portapotties in the background!  Yeah me!

It is snowing this morning, filtering the early light, softening the edges of life.
Porridge is bubbling away on the stove with plans for hot cocoa later. 
It'll be a nice day at home with no plans, but to try and get back into our normal rhythms.  We've had several days of fun we've all enjoyed, but we're each looking forward to our lessons, read-aloud time, and our evening Advent activities.

I was able to step away for the day this weekend.  I was invited to go with friends to the resort town north of us staying at their family's place.  What a treat!  Five of us spent the day just having fun.  We met up at the coffeehouse I love and did some Christmas shopping and thrifting.  We gathered around for lunch together and more shopping. 
Later, we went back to their home for crafting time.  I like that.  We enjoyed dinner and watched a movie, read Christmas books, painted nails and just generally relaxed and talked.
In the morning I was blessed to see other women studying the Word.  We breakfasted and cleaned up together.

A quick trip to a *real* grocery store was nice, too.  Our store here in town...lacks.  It's better than most towns our size though, I know.

We decorated our Christmas tree Sunday afternoon the boys handing ornaments with me.  Fun!  I left *most* in exactly where they landed.  I had to move a few simply because five ornaments on a branch just pulls it to the floor.  ;)

Monday the guys all went "down below" for errands not returning until quite late.  My little one and I just hung out together which was a lot of fun.  I finished up decorating and tidying up while she napped.  Yesterday she and I were gone for several hours as we were invited to coffee.  Since the coffeeshop in town closed a few months ago we haven't had a gathering place.  Taking Cupcake places is so fun as she just charms everyone.  I was the youngest, well, besides Cupcake, by twenty years as usual, but a good time was had by all.

She and I walked to the bank and the post office.  Everyone just smiles to see her.  I was able to drop off my first Etsy sale at the post office and quite excited about it.  (Thank you, Kelli!)  We headed off to the Library where the boys were missed.  A little more visiting and a few books later, we went home.

Today we awakened to snow, and more on the way.  I am thankful we are all together in one place.  I may not even go outside today, except for laundry of course.  These are just some pictures I snapped around the house this morning.  Just some simple touches here and there to brighten these dark, winter days.

May your day be filled with joy and delight.  And hot cocoa.

Much love,
Kimberly
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Bledsoe Family said...

Your tree turned out BEAUTIFUL!!! Is that the one you picked out on Sunday? Gorgeous! Your house looks so festive and peaceful. Enjoy your day in! (Its snowing here, also, the boys are out with their dad, so its just me and the baby...very quiet and nice) :)

Bonnie said...

Love it! No snow here yet, just flakes from time to time.
Hooray for the etsy sale! Such beautiful decorating, mine is lacking this year. No snow is a real buzz-kill.
Portapotties because of roadwork, or are you starting a new trend out there?!?
Off to put kidlets down for rests, make up some cookie dough to chill, bread dough to rise and meatballs to simmer in sauce for spaghetti, then maybe work on Christmas presents...
Much love to you as well!
Bon

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Love the picture of that barn!

It is nice enough to frame.

Bonnie K said...

Great post and wonderful photos. Sounds like a good day. Bummer about the local coffee shop closing down. Still, everything sounds peaceful. That is nice. Congrats on the Etsy sale!

BaileyZimmerman said...

What a beautiful Christmas house and barn. I love the winter and the quiet that comes with it...the settling in and gathering of loved ones close at hand!
Sounds as if you had a nice week!!!
xox

Kimberly said...

Teddi-It is the tree! It turned out fine, and the bare spot isn't noticeable in the back.
Bonnie-No, the portapotties are a permanent fixture across the street. They are down to under three DOZEN. And the three pooper pumper trucks. :) Great neighbors.
Brenda-Thanks!
Bonnie K-I miss the coffeeshop as well. Thank you!
BZ-Lovely comment. Hope you had fun with your sis!

Anonymous said...

Your post is heartwarming. I loved seeing the snow. We here in NYC haven't had any yet!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin