Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sewing Spree

After I slipcovered Dumpling's highchair, Pumpkin declared he wanted "Cowboys!" So this afternoon I obliged by making him a placemat for the dinner table, so now they both can eat with the Lil' Cowpokes.
I also appliqued a square onto one of Dumpling's onesies. I had to include both a both and a red-headed cowboy. (Wonder what we'll get this time? Brunette, like Sweetheart?) Pumpkin doesn't have any plain shirts, or Im sure I'd have decorated some by now. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out. Maybe I can embroider Lightening McQueen onto something. (Not.)

So, here's a picture of my sewing room. Nice, huh? It's a table set next to our dinner table in between the Dining Room and Living Room. With an all-open floorplan everything is just out there.

Here's the boys playing just after I finished the projects for the day. It's the only place to put the machine where it's sort of out of the way, but that I can be by them playing while I sew. It's hardly a perfect set up, but I am getting sooo past my perfectionism. This works.

Hope you are having a lovely day yourself. I'm off to go make dinner. We just went to the grocery store this morning so I have lots of choices. Sweetheart just called to say he'll be late, though, so I'm not so sure what to cook. I may just have us eat now. Somehow, being pregnant and eating late just don't work together for me. At all.

(Wow! Two posts in one day--that hasn't happened in a long time!)

5 comments:

Kelli said...

That is the cutest fabric, Kimberly! I love the placemats and the onesie is adorable!
~Kelli

Bonnie said...

How cute! that fabric is great, and what a cute idea for a onsie.
I love to doll up onesies as baby gifts, they're relatively inexpensive, and they look so cute when you're done. I added little skirts to some for a friend one time, and they made the sweetest little summer dresses.

Carey said...

Hi Sis,
Wow! You've been busy! Looks great. I need to get Hannah sewing. BTW, the heart she made for Ricky and Timmy is also a placemat. She came up with that all on her own. love ya!

Carey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janna Widdifield said...

I just love that fabric. Jack's room is done in vintage cowboy stuff and I have long wanted this fabric, which I see at Hobby Lobby from time to time, but have yet to purchase.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin